I envy your good relations with the neighbor Cougar, that is killer news. My situation was not so joyous, but I really do not want to relive the nightmare here, let's just say it involved the property line and the runoff that crosses my place and fills my neighbors pond, among the guise of a fence and some cows! Took the joy out of the whole project and ruined the summer.
On to the question from Cougar: I have already done what you are talking about, but to answer the question, I stocked the FHM first in April of '08, the pond was 4' or so from capacity (judging by the water level on the levee, I'm not too keen on water measurement and average dept, the state delivered my CC and BG fingerlings in October '08, and now in April '09, thanks to some PB expertise, I will forego the crappie and go with 300 1-3" RES (the 3-4" ones were expensive, double the 1-3")and 10 more pounds of FHM, of the rosy red variety(the substantial winds of late pulveried a few hundred of the minnows hatched last spring, so I'm adding more).
I have read the thread on feeding, but can you guys clue me in on the details for such small fish, floating or sinking?