Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57hunter. [/quote

George
I'm about to invest a significant amount of capital into feeders and was going with Sweeney and Texas Hunter. Now....I'm not so sure. Can you please keep us in the loop regarding your issues with TH - for some reason I was under the impression they were supposed to be the most reliable brand. I trust your feedback.
Thanks!
TJ, my only issue with TH is that they should advise their customers there is a problem with larger size pellets OR correct the problem.
I've worried with this problem for six months, believing all the time I was too dumb to set the timer - I'm not happy having lost prime feeding weeks for my prized OTS CNBG.

I cannot place the "jam" problemms entirely on AQP since I was negligent in leaving feed in the hoppers over winter shutdown.
They were working well until that time, other than intermittant timer problems.

I agree with Eric, let's wait a couple of weeks and see how all this shakes out.

ps: TJ, the problem with my Texas Hunter jam was caused by a large "chuck" of AQMX fish food that "jammed" the spin plate and was not the fault of TH.
I found the problem when TH provided me the tool to loosen the spin plate for adjustment, and discovered a large piece of fish food that caused the jam.
My apologies for mis-information.

Last edited by george1; 03/28/09 01:19 PM. Reason: correction

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)