Originally Posted By: jsand13
Ive heard that there have been alot of problems with the aqua pros the past year or so. I don't know anything about the moultrie. but the last deer feeder that I got from them wasn't near the quality that they used to have. It stopped working about a year after I got it. I use texas hunter feeders, I know they are a little bit more expensive but ive never heard of anyone having a single problem with them. I don't like to work on things so thats why I went with the texas hunter.

I have had problems with AquaPro – I have had problems with Texas Hunter.

My new Texas Hunter feeder has driven me nuts not feeding timed amounts of feed – in fact presently I have to set it on 60 seconds to feed 1.5#’s.
The good news is that I was finally informed that it has problems handling large AQMX 600 pellets and there is an adjustment on the spin plate that should take care of the problem.
They sent me a tool and battery UPS overnight and I will attempt to correct the problem later in the week.
I might add that they have knocked themselves out trying to correct the problem and I appreciate their customer service.
I am mechanically challenged and don/’t like to have to work on new equipment.

I own three AquaPros, one old workhorse Stren and two newer AquaPros that had timer problems which they replaced, but continue to have problems with feed jams. I believe the jam problem to be the result of oily high protein fish food crumbs.

AquaPro will repair/service all three of my feeders as soon as I can return them, which I will trailer to their plant on Friday.
Fortunately their plant is in my area.

I cannot be more pleased with their service and believes that everyone deserves a second chance.

All in all, I’m tired of spending my fishin’ time worrying abut feeders so hope my feeder problems will soon be behind me.

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)