Thank you all for your input. After having stayed up very late reading, I do feel a bit smarter, but obviously with a great deal to learn.

"The water from your geo unit will have virtually zero affect on a 1 acre pond, but will not cool it in the summer or warm it in the winter for sure. " This surprises me. I expected the water coming in at up to 11 gal/min of 60 degree water would have an effect. I must have overestimated this. If no effect, then maybe I shouldn't bother with running the waterline to it, other than it being "drought insurance".

Should I get a soil test on the dry dirt before filling to determine need for lime/fert? Or should I wait and get pond mud? It's good bottom ground, with deep topsoil, but lots of broomsedge grass growing, which I interpret as acidic soil. Perhaps that could promote a bloom before it cools off, of course, provided I can get some water in it soon.

Cover-I learned alot last night about cover with pallets, rocks, and I have a pile of concrete blocks, bricks, and 4" PVC that might provide. some cover.

Depth-I was inspired last night by some pictures with some wicked bottom structure of new ponds being built. I had a talk last night with the dirtman about a deep trench near the levy. We're going deeper.

Species-State of KY website recommends LMB, BG and CC, which seems boring to me. I am thinking of doing a cove with coarse gravel in the bottom, FHM and crawfish for forage, and then stocking BG, RES, and maybe SMB, then addng some LMB or HSB if necessary for predation.

If RES feed on snails, is there anything I can do to provide this forage for them?

Again, thank you for your thoughtful responses.