The dirt moving equipment came to my house yesterday. WOOOHOOOO!!

I have long planned/wished for a pond in western KY, and now I'm a little nervous, and second-guessing my plan.

Pond will be around .75-1.0 acres in western KY. I am an amateur retriever trainer, so I plan to have multiple points, coves, chutes and a small island for training advanced concepts. Average depth 5'. It will catch runoff, and also have water source from my geothermal heating/cooling unit with consideration for aeration discussed in old threads.

I would like this pond to double as a place to teach my young son how to catch bream on a cane pole, with the immediate reward of eating what he catches. So I'm thinking of Coppernose BC, RES for sure. I don't really give a rip about LMB, but SMB might be fun, but I realize they may not be sustainable in a small pond. I will put CC in the pond if I need them, but don't really care too much about them.

So here come the questions:
How do I prepare the pond prior to stocking?
Can I get started with it this Fall?
Any other species I should consider?
Ratios of species stocked?
Forage?
Lastly, this pond is in the bottoms near waterfowling. What can I do to make this pond attractive to ducks, geese that would not negatively affect my other goals? Mostly mallards, wood ducks, and a few honkers.