Well I started taking a bunch of fish out of my 4 acre pond and have been keeping a log. In the past 2 nice fishing days we've taken out 118 bass and 4 crappie.

Here's the basic stats.

10% less than 10"
10% greater than 14"
80% between 10-14"

1 16.5" fish looked very poor, possibly sick or some problem.

Relative Weights (MARCH) Average = 85% over the entire pop. I don't see any real trends between the lengths and Wr's. The Relative weight average goes for the entire span of lengths. With that being said I do have some 100%+ relative weights but maybe 10% of the population. Now it is early march fishing so wouldn't I expect the bass to loose weight after spawning season?

I will be investigating the crappie population more to see what the numbers are but this lake appears to be full of 10-14 inch bass.

Whats weird is in the past 10 years of fishing this pond I never catch any fish 16" or bigger. Its like they don't exist. The pond is 30 years old and has seen no real management in any of those years except for one. Two years ago we took out 200 fish but still no change in any sizes.

My forage base is probably just fair with all sizes present but just fair in numbers.

Still no 16" fish! Could they be stunted or over 30 years the genetics has just went to nothing?

I SUBSCRIBE!!!!