Joe, my only fear is the Ice and heavy rains lifting the piers up. I get a lot of run-off in to this pond in the spring. We will get a 5" rain, and my 8" main drain pipe will be completely covered and water will be pouring out of my aux spillway. So, want the new dock to be high enough I don't have to worry about that. That was my big mistake on the first one. I wanted the dock close to the water so my kids didn't have to lean way down to get their fish out of the water. That really shouldn't of mattered. The kids just sling-shot them out of the water with their rods.

Jeff, by not auguring the mud out of the center of your pipes, have you had any problems with the ice heaving them up? How far did you get them in the ground? What did you use? A track-ho or a back-ho would be nice. I bet they could just push them in the ground.

Just some FYI...

I called the "pipe" store today. The pipe will run me $40 each. They come in 14' pieces. Each of them has a bell on one end. I may just cut that bell off.

The deep end of my new dock will only be 6' deep and the shallow end is maybe 5'. So, if by chance I can get these things in the ground 4', and I have the pipe out of the water a foot, the biggest piece I will need is 6+4+1= 11 foot.

I'm getting the itch...you guys are getting me pumped up out trying this. I am about a week or two away from help out the local economy, so if you have any last minute ideas, please let me know.

Thanks guys!