Weissguy,

It's been about a year and a half since I did the stain in the Hardi for my gazebo. I just did the same thing on my deer blind, but before doing the deer blind, I looked real close at the stain on the gazebo. I cannot find any sign of it fading or flaking off. From what I can tell, it looks as good today as it did the day I applied it.

The real question is how long will it last? I don't have a clue, I've gone to the Minwax website and there isn't anything on using the Gel Stain on Hardi. It is used for other outdoor applications, like doors, but this is a total experiment that I don't have anything to go on other then wait and see.

I'm going to build a storage shed this year and do the same on it too. As far as I'm concerned, it's how I will finish everything that I build. Eventually I'm pulling off the siding on my house and redoing it in Hardi Lap Siding with the stained finished and rock trim.

Good luck,
Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.