Originally Posted By: southernbelle
Well, we have a picture frame business, using only old distressed wood siding, so once we tear off the siding, we just keep going. We just get what we can use...alot of the inside tongue and groove we can use too. The rest we knock off walls with chain saws. The hard part is getting the nails out. UGH! Those old square head nails are so soft. Since we are after the beams underneath mostly, that's the prize once we get through. It is hard work, but usually free wood. Wood that can't be bought. I priced an old beam the other day, 1000.00 per beam! So I guess if we get really bad off, we can sell all the beams. How are you going to build that floating bedroom?? Like a raft?? I could see taking an afternoon nap while hubby fishes for dinner.

I don't have specific plan at this time just the idea. Our pond is leaking about 1"/day when half full. The watershed is somewhat marginal for our area so our priority is to increase the watershed by digging a draing diches cross horizontal line in the walley downstream of the pond. And obviously we have to fix the leak first.
For the floats I was considering plastic 50 gallons drums (sometimes for sale $10 each) or the floats they make boating docks from. I am thinking about 10X10 to 12X12 size.

We live in a barn (aircraft hanger) converted to a house.
0.7 ac leaky pond.