Mid May of 2008 this picture and from the island to the shore right in front of the camera in the next picture is the deepest part of the previous pond. When we drained the part that is further East (to the left) all the fish ended up here. We made a dam between the island and the shore closest to the camera to hold whatever fish were in the pond. They survived until we finished the East side of the pond (late July), then we broke thru the dam and finished re-conturing the bottom of the pond on this side. I only found 3 dead BG during the whole renovation.

Standing on the SE side of the pond looking north, then panning West.

Looking West from the East side of the pond. Those cattails in the foreground were on the East shore of the pond before renovation started.

Standing at the Southernmost finger looking North. This is the area that I want to place a 1/8" mesh net across and keep the closest part to the camera devoid of fish until I throw a couple pounds of FHM in it for breeding.

Standing just West of the island looking at the South East Shore.
The SouthEast shore will eventually end up about 8' away from the oak tree on the right (where the red stake is).

Fly little camera, FLY!! Looking South South West to the pond.

Here's a closer look at the excavator. I believe it has a 22' dig depth, and it's a 2 yd. bucket. PC200LC

I believe the barn is as old as the house. Most of the uprights in the barn are just native trees (Oak) with the branches lopped off. The 10" x 10" beam that is on top of the foundation perimiter of the barn is solid centercut Oak.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).