Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
Ken, where do you buy your trout at? I am getting ready to buy 100 to stock in the stream behind our hunting cabin. I have always bought from Laurel Hill Trout Farm, no complaints but always like to keep my options open. Plus, I am looking for a source of tiger trout...

Travis

Travis,

My wonderful neighborhood trout dealer closed down last winter. As you may have heard, Northern Virginia is really hungry for power from West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Like me, he already had a big power line going through his property. He recently sold much of his additional property, including his fantastic trout runs, for power lines.

I unfortunately didn't get trout this winter. I've got a local line on rainbow for next winter. The other issue is taking any salmonoids across state lines. It has gotten really tight here in WV.

I'll contact friends in McConnellsburg, PA who stock trout each winter to find out where they get their trout.

Possbily Sunil has a trout source in your area.

Zetts, in Martinsburg, has rainbow, brook, golden, and brown trout for the four-state region. Unforntuatnely, they mostly only have fingerlings, and I don't think they have tiger trout. But, they are really nice people. A call to them (304-229-3654) might lead you to another dealer.

Regards,
Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!