I sure can't compare with George, but our ice is out for right now. Nasty winter weather forecast for tonight through Monday morning.

I went down to the pond for a little while this afternoon. The water 4-feet down at the end of my dock was 40 degrees. The air temp was 32 degrees. When the wind blew, ice was forming on my line.

I got three little bass between 6-8 inches, and these two 9-inch critters. When the crappie and the BG came out, they were nearly colorless. When I first pulled out the crappie it had virtually no markings, and was just about plain white. I wasn't even sure what it was until I looked at it closely. After a few minutes it turned this color. The BG was mostly light pink when first pulled out, then it turned this color.

There sure is a lot more meat on a 9-inch bluegill compared to a 9-inch crappie.

We'll have our first fish fry this season this evening, even if we don't have a lot of fish.

EDIT

This is what happened to the 9-inch bluegill and 9-inch crappie. They were great with homemade "shoestring" potato fries and green salad.

Good Eatn'
Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!