George has probably done more fishing than all of us put together. He's out there catching fish or tying flies on days when we are hitting computer keys. He's been fishing with pelleted flies for years and is still catching good fish.

I think Aaron makes a valid point about fish becoming pellet-shy when pellets are loaded with a hook. If you put 5 good bluegill in a small pond and feed-train them as Aaron described and fish with a live red wiggler on a consistent basis catch-and-release, then you're gonna see a decrease in catch rates over time. In fact, if you do enough of this then you'll get to the point where the fish probably don't bite the wigglers at all. You can change your strategy at this point but catch rates may still be down because fishermen aren't invisible and the fish may associate your silhouette with pain. At this point I assume they'll still be feeding on pellets and they may be obese and impossible to catch on anything BUT a pellet fly. So then you've got some very fat fish that you may not catch unless you emulate a pellet. Then what? Don't know. Stock 5 more fish? \:D

As for me, this theoretical stuff gets me all bogged down and decreases my catch rates, mainly cause I can't fish and type at the same time.

It's ALL about the fish!