Originally Posted By: george1
Bad news - Good news fishin' Report

Bad news was weatherman lied to me - said it would be upper 60's today and was a cold 50 degrees with fine mist and bone chillin' wind.
Near surface water temp 53 degree.
Little to no response to feed and not a hit on pellet flies - foam or AQMX - lockjaw city.

Good news - Before Todd Overton went to lake Comedora Mexico last week, he sent me a new lure/fly product to field test:
"Biogradable fish food lure.
Stays on hook "all-day long
Smells more like fish food than fish food".
Etc...etc....

My fly fishin' Lady tried in out while I stayed with my tried and true AQMX pellet fly.
She caught three nice CNBG in three casts while I loooked on.
She caught more and I finally gave in and sure enought we caught probably a dozen nice CNBG and 3 nice little fat HSB.
Don't know where the big CNBG were hiding - maybe pre-spawn?

If this thing works tomorrow like it did today, with improved weather conditions it will be a winner, and end the bother of tyin' pellet flies.

Stay tuned for the rest of the story....

The rest of the story:
Probably two of the toughest days on our ponds ever - not a good day to test a new product.
My fishin' partner beat me about ten to three using the new product "lure".
Her 10 or so CNBG to my 2 CNBG. 1 small HSB and lost one jumpin' trout on AQMX pellet.

She may just be a better fly fisher than me.
If they produce on a bad day, I'm doing further testing on a good day

Nate, you and othrs know that Overton does not advertise hie services or products on the forum so y'all shoot him a PM for details.

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)