They are thin. You are correct.

Since I'm pretty broke right now, I'm monitoring the situation and trying to figure out what to do about it. Ideally, I'd like to add a bunch of adult BG because my "creel survey" tells me that we don't have enough. Unfortunately, we're in no financial condition to buy and stock much of anything.

The Georgia DNR is of no help at all. Their funding has been cut to the point where they don't have enough fish and they only want to stock new ponds and the price for that has gone way up, too.

We're working on a few different avenues to try to get some help.

Of course, not all the fish we have caught there have been so thin. I'm hoping for a BG spawn that might help us.

Another problem we have is that our pond is part of a perpetual stream system and there is a drain "somewhere" in our pond that allows a continuous flow out of the pond. I can't change that - it's a protected stream. My worry is that a lot of my forage fish are escaping.

Before anybody jumps all over me, please remember that we've only owned this pond for about 6 months and we've never seen it empty and nobody can tell us who built it so, we don't even know where this drain is located exactly or what it looks like. In warmer weather, we'll be diving around to see if we can figure it out. But, the main reason I subscribe to this site and the magazine is to learn more about how to handle these situations so, advice is welcome! But, if the advice involves spending more than $100, it's going to have to wait a while. ;\)

If you're too scared to throw that bait where the fish are, why did you tie it on?