Thanks for the quick replies. The lake starts at approx. 2-5 feet on the upside (which explains why I want to dig some of it out) and the middle is approx. 9 feet deep with the area by the dam reaching 11-13 feet deep. I have a vertec aerator that has 3 diffusers: one in the deep end, one in the middle and one in the shallower end. I just found out from the company that I don't need to run the deep end diffuser in the winter and that allows the fish to have a warm area (if you saw my other post, you'd see I had a serious problem when the aerator was improperly installed). The lake is stocked with jumbo yellow perch (approx. 150 and all 6-8 inches), blue gill (just restocked 1000 3-5 inch this fall), 220 black crappie (10-16 inches) and 450 large-mouth bass 4-7 inches along with 35 that were 12-16 inches. These were all stocked in the spring when I realized the fish previously in there were no longer (except the blue gill which I put in during the fall time).
I have also put in several hundred pounds of minnows to supplement the fish since, when I lost my original fish, I lost my minnows too.
My intention is to put in 1000 4-6 inch blue gill this spring, 500 black crappies 4-6 inches (the size so they will all spawn) and two hundred pounds of minnows to supplement the lake until all the spawning takes place.
Any feedback on that would be appreciated as well (though I know I should probably do this as a separate topic!)
Thanks again and look forward to feedback!