Im trying to decide what is in my best interest for my ponds. I have a 4 acre pond and 25 acre that my goal is growing trophy bass.

For this post Im more concerned with the 4 acre pond. My plan is culling out a stunted bass population, adding 1000 3-6" CNBG, and adding Florida genetics in that order.

I will also, Depending on if I get the stunted bass under control by May be adding Tilapia at 10 lbs per acre. If Im not comforatable with my culling process at that time I will wait untill next year to add the Tilapia.

Ok thats my situation with this pond... Back to the original question. Im tossing around whether feeding or fertilizing or both is in my best interest. I understand fertilization as far as benefits and consequences of DO losses and the fact that you have to stay with it once you start. One pro of fertilization though would be I could maybe get a Tshad population going.

As of now I don't really know what it would cost to fertilize a 4 acre pond for the growing season. Thats a big issue! I'd think it would be high.

Feeding on the otherhand seems to help out the forage species greatly also, maybe not as much as fertilization, yet it doesn't seem to be near as difficult to regulate and doesn't have most of the negatives that fertilization has. Correct me here if needed.
My question here would be, on average, how many ponds of feed should I use per day realistically?

I guess im just not real sure if I want to dive off into the fertilization kick but would like to do something. Its one of those things that if I haven't done it, it sounds probably harder than it turns out to be, who knows...

Fertilization cost? Feed cost?

I guess I need a little advice on what to do.

I SUBSCRIBE!!!!