This thread is causing me some real serious issues. I love where I live. But, my Seasonal Affective Disorder becomes hyperactive this time of year when I read about warm weather and I see pictures of beautiful fish being caught.

These pictures were taken about 15 minutes ago:

My fish cleaning board -- with about 3 to 4 inches of snow on it.

My pond -- about 50-feet beyond the biggest snowflake.

As I write this, the front bumper of my wife's 4WD vehicle is thankfully resting (unfortunately downhill) at about a 12% grade against a tree stump -- where it went off our driveway -- where it didn't go over our bridge -- and where it didn't go into the creek. I'll pull the car out in the morning with the tractor, after I plow more snow. I plowed about 4-inches of snow off the driveway tonight, but it just keeps falling.

I'd really love it if I didn't have to go to work in the morning where they only got rain, and it is 20 degrees warmer. (They just don't understand!)

Like young Mr. Steelman, I may try kayaking tomorrow -- but, I'll be using my kayak to sled down the mountain to my pond! I doubt I'll do much fishing.

From the top of the mountain, our groundhog created nearly a 1/4-mile long shadow this morning. I think that means winter will last until Mother's day.

Send ZOLOFT. Lots of ZOLOFT. Moonshine will do if that is all you have.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!