the pipe is corrugated. about 10 or 12 inches in diameter. i'm considering using an expanding foam sealer of some sort. maybe get a can that has an auto release/flow option. the tricky part will be getting the can far enough into the pipe. the dam is about 35' across at the base so i think the plug should be at least halfway (the middle of the dam). i think this will be possible if i run a piece of pvc to the halfway point then push the can of foam sealer through the pipe to the midway point. what are yall's opinions on using expanding foam sealer. i like the basketball idea...........

"across" at the base of the dam being from wet side to dry side. therefore the pipe is approx. 35'.

i'd say the flow is about 5 gallons per hour (or less) regularly, but after a rain the flow increases proportionate to the amount of rainfall.... ie: the heavier the rainfall, the more water flowing from the pipe.

the pond has a designed "emergency" overflow around the side of the dam. once i get it plugged i plan to add a pvc drain in the area of the overflow to make it the normal spillway and prevent erosion.......

Last edited by clemsnwill; 01/23/09 05:27 PM.