Welcome to the Forum BigeaterOSU. Cowboy or Sooner? I went to that former internment camp about 40 miles south of ya in Okmulgee!

The rock will always be a good idea- use 6-15" limestone to help keep the PH up. Pea gravel in 3-6' depths will help with spawns, again use crushed limestone if available.

I would suggest putting your aeration in the deepest part to make your entire water column usable, otherwise your dozer ruts will be of no use except in winter. Use the membrane diffusers- FAR less maintenance! You may want to add a submerged island and a shelf or three also. There are tons of threads on structure here. Large rootballs are great for the catfish if you have any.

You can add Fathead minnows with a foot or so of water, bluegill and catfish early this spring, and Bass this fall. Others are far better than me with stocking rates.

Crappie are do-able if you're willing to intensly manage the pond but they usually turns a fun pond into real work.

If you have any pictures, I'm sure you'll get lots more accurate suggestions. Besides we REALLY like pics!

We all hope you stick around and keep us informed of your progress! Hopefully you can make it to Branson for the Third Annual Pond Boss Conference at Bass Pro's Big Cedar Lodge on Sept. 18 & 19.

Again, welcome!

PS don't let JHAP or DIED scare you into adding those nasty little green sunfish!

Last edited by Rainman; 01/22/09 02:05 AM.