Larry, I have used Cedar posts on my cabin project. The original cabin was put up 4 years ago and I did nothing to the posts to debark them. It took about 2 years in Missouri climate till it really came free and was easy to peel.

On the cbain addition I addes 4 more posts as I expanded the deck area. I have not peeled these either and will let mother nature do the work.

In my bathroom I built a bathroom vanity (no pics yet) out of a slab of 3 inch thick white cedar 36 inches by 24 inches and mounted that on a cleat on the wall and used two cedar logs for the front legs and a small cross bar of cedar for a towel rack. These I did peel. The legs are approx 28 inches long...thats 56 inches total of cedar log about 5 inch diameter. In my shop, with pliers, scrapers, a belt sander, a Random orbit sander, and chisels it only took....3 FREAKIN HOURS!!!! (Calming back down here)...

Let mother nature do the work...also note the cedar will have a lot of itty bitty weevils in the cambium that will be all over inside the house if you dont peel interior used cedar.