Go get 'em! Keep good notes for your story. Here's what I want from you and Young Blood. First, always work in the 5 W's. (Anyone of you who want to write for Pond Boss, read this, please) People want to know Who, What, Where, When, Why and in most cases for Pond Boss, How?. Then, identify the problem as you see it. Answer this question, "The problem is..." Here's why. Beavers are actually a beneficial animal in many parts of the world. In much of the Rocky Mountain west, the only water that is impounded comes from Beavers. There, the water is more valuable than the trees the beavers cut. But, in your case, the beavers did what? Next part of the story is your due diligence. For example, "After I figured out the beavers were eating every desirable tree I have and were building lodges which compromised the structure of my dam (with photo support, of course), I decided to take action. Next, I contacted ???, learned of the different methods to capture/collect/trap the creatures and chose this path...."
You can produce a story that people can read and compare to the issues they are having.
Bring it on.
Photos...shoot good photos of slides, mud packed into the lodge over wood, trees which have been cut, the lodge(s) and your story will have much more credibility.
As for the story itself, shoot for 1200-1500 words, single spaced in Word, one space after a sentence, Times-New Roman, 12 font.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...