Originally Posted By: FRPeeps
jakeb - I like your idea of heavily stocking the baitfish and moving forward with stocking your predators. Be sure to give us an update of how that works out.

george - I have been struggling with how to answer your question "How deep is your pond?"
The main pool in font of the dam is 16 feet deep, but I'm guessing the bulk of the pond averages 4'-12' in depth. I had my excavator add slope to most of the edges to acheive 4'depth ASAP to avoid excessive aquatic vegetation. I did have him leave a couple of areas in the upper end with their natural contour which I have in mind to make great spawning areas. Of course that's speculation on my part which is one reason I would love for you and Chris to have a look at it before it fills to give me your perspectives. That's another reason I went with the level control box in case I need to come back later to make changes.
Frank, you and Chris come up with a date - I can come anytime (as long it's a nice warm day.. )
I'll tow my Mule to get around the pond to keep up with you and Chris...

16 ft at the dam sounds like "safe" water for a N.E. Texas drought period. We did well with max 12ft and would have survived last last summer fish kill if I paid more attention to aeration. Should run 24/7 during hottest months.
George

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)