I have resolved myself to the fact I will need heavy equipment to fix this pond....so here is my current plan....I am going to clean up around the dam as much as possible...I am going to contact the son of the man who dug the pond and see what he can tell me...after spring rains i will watch...my big concern now are the trees actually on the back side of pond... there are some big and small...I am not sure how to deal with them...I know they must suck water when not dormant...by the way I found out that the son collects and repairs antique heavy equipment...he will know more about this pond than I do...in the mean time I will contine to work on this...I am able to cut smaller trees by myself...I will let the herons eat all they want while it is so low...they can't get in it when full as the sides are steep...I let the hose run for an hour and it never came up in the hole..
Yesterday I had three deer grazing...two ducks swimming ..two hawks hunting and a great heron fishing. it is ver interesting to have this environment less than two miles from I35 and 1 mile from the mother road(rt66). What to do with trees? I know it is all about the pond not the fish. What is sac-creet?

EVERY DAY IS A HOLIDAY,EVERY MEAL IS A FEAST AND LIFE GETS SWEETER AND SWEETER