I live on a subdivison lake, one of 6. When I purchased the property in 2000 it was for the following reasons.
When the water quality went south four years later my priorities and interests changed from enjoying the water, to realizing I loved the water. Now my interest is in improving the water, understanding lake ecosystems, evaluating the fishery and improving and managing it for the future, educating residents about Best Mgmt. Practices, changing policies and procedures to protect and preserve the lakes for the future, studying everything about water eco-systems. In short, I want to be a real Lake Steward and do something good in my life, when I look back years from now (if I am lucky) I can say I did something important that made a real difference. The friendships I make along the way with other like-minded people are a big bonus that I did not expect.
We own the bottom lands of our lake/pond, it was platted that way, but only on 1/2 of the lake. Sharing water frontage with others makes the management/practices more difficult than if it were a pond I owned or created myself.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.