BM , Theo is right. Like to hear Ewest comments.

First point is I feel genetics fall way behind management if growth rate is a concern. In other words you stock F1’s for the pond b/c you want “good” growth and aggressive bass. The Fx bass may not be as aggressive or may not have as good of growth rate??? Is the growth limited by these genetics. In most of my clients ponds it would not be it would be from lack of maximum management (forage diversity, water quality, primary production, competition, etc. you guys know what I mean). Further more if a bass shows lower growth rates then this would be indicated by his Wr you should be tracking and simply pull him out. So you achieve desired results.

I disagree with the advice to not stock them b/c they fit the bill rather well for most. If you want a fly fishing pond with super aggressive bass stock northern, if you want next world record stock pure Florida. If you want best of both worlds F1 is easy. If you want to stock both subspecies instead go for tht but logistically not easy and then in couple of years you have same mixing of genetics you would if you had stocked the F1’s.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com