Got home Sunday morning around 11:00. Debbie and son Taylor, 17, picked me up. They had an idea...why don't we shoot a couple miles north, to BassPro Shops, and have lunch at Uncle Buck's Restaurant.
Great idea...why didn't I think of that, wink, wink?
So, that's what we did. Great food there. If you get the chance to eat at Uncle Buck's, take it. The Queen (formerly known as the princess) Debbie and I split a buffalo ribeye. Delicious!
We also took some time to go through the store (imagine that) and take a look at the marketing brilliance BassPro has pulled off for this Christmas season. They have brought in an area where kids can have their photo taken with Santa, all kinds of kid events such as shooting ranges with electronic guns, dart guns, trains, remote controlled cars and stuff that little kids absolutely love. Go to BassPro, take the kids and the grandkids and have a ball.
We got home just in time for a short Bible Study and then we rested for a day. On Tuesday, I caught up with some of the written word I needed to do.
Wednesday we prepared for Thursday and spent Thanksgiving and Friday with family.

Here's all my girls, preparing our Thanksgiving feast. Daughter in law Katherine, Debbie in the back, daughter Ashley and daughter Lindsay with grandson Ethan.

Debbie was in her element.

Great to be with family on this special day

And the group at the end of the day. I still don't know why Debbie wanted me to wear red while all other had on black and white. Hmmm...I think it was a trick.

On Saturday after Thanksgiving, I drove Debbie, Ashley and Lindsay to Canton, Texas, home of First Monday Trade Days. We wandered aimlessly over 90 acres of first rate flea market stuff (is there such a thing?) but I couldn't (wouldn't) keep the same pace as those girls. I headed off on my own. Bunch of weird stuff out there. I saw one guy selling nothing but marbles. Another was selling bins of old tools. Pretty cool stuff and the weather was great.

Monday and Tuesday were spent writing and taking care of kids and doing research on Debbies impending back surgery. She goes Wednesday to have major back surgery, fusion of L4 to L5, bone grafts, rods and screws and the whole bit. It's a big deal and we are preparing for it. Please pray for Debbie.

Yesterday, wildlife biologist Dan VanSchaik tagged along with me to Eagle's Nest Ranch near Athens to gain an overview of what the landowner wishes to do with his ranch. Should he high fence it? Maybe change the hay fields and plant some wildlife food plots? Dan will work up a game plan and we'll see.

Went to Athens yesterday. The wind was whipping strong out of the south.

Tomorrow, Debbie and I head to Frisco, to the hospital for her pre-op exams and such. Will keep you posted.

In the meantime,
Fish on!

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...