I have been noodleing on how to stop clay run off into my new pond during moderate to heavy rains. It's got me miffed. Let me set it up. I have no water run off that enters the pond from the surface during a rain. All the rain water saturates into the ground and then runs the clay line that is about 2 ft to 3 ft deep. This is a very compacted clay line that is 40 ft thick. The top soil is a sandy loam mix, which allows the rain water to absorb real fast.
At the pond edge, about 6 ft down the slope, the water blows out the sides and enters the pond with massive amounts of clay particules. This constantly defeats my Alum/Lime introduction and clouds the water again.
I have considered bringing in a 12 yd load of 4" to 6" rocks and then cover that with top soil and seed. Would this be the right thought?? or would the blow out just move to an area of less resistance. I can't seed the slope as it just blows out with the force of the run off. Any and all ideas appreciated. Location is Cameron Texas, Great pond building area with all the clay, but a pain with all the clay particles. Where's the dang spell checker for these posts, jeez, everyone's gonna realize my best school year was kindergarden with no spell checker.