I am new to the forum and new to pond stocking. I have been doing my research and have learned a great deal, but I wanted to ask you, the veterans a couple questions.

I recently moved into a new home in a brand new subdivision. There is a four-acre pond right out my back door. My neighbor and I are anxious to get some fish in it. The pond is man-made and probably two seasons old. There are plenty of ducks, egrets, and minnows. There are no fish of any size to speak of. There is also little vegetation. I have a good friend who manages a handful of private ponds in the area and offered to supply me with 200 one to one and half-pound bass over the course of the spring so as to avoid costly stocking and waiting until fall (BG) and the following spring (Bass) for our fish supply. I know they will feed heavily on the minnows, worms, bugs, etc. that are already in the pond. I do not want these minnows to grow as they could be anything; carp, crappie, gar, etc. that would be harmful to the health of the pond. I am also going to fish heavily for bluegill in various private ponds and then transfer them into my pond. I am also in the process of making and installing bream beds and fish hides for the protection of the bluegills. I know they will spawn each full moon and hopefully provide constant food for the bass.

My questions are:
Will this process be enough to keep the bass satisfied?
How many bluegill will be sufficient for 200 bass?
When do bass spawn?
Does anyone have information on Fisheries in West TN, Eastern AR, or Northern MS?

Thank you,

-Terry