So nice to see I made it to Lunker Status. It will be a year tomorrow since my girlfriend and I took over by having the first election in this subdivision ever, having to manage 6 lakes to fix one. Tomorrow is the annual meeting where there are 2 more people running for office, so we have started something good. Don't want to see the other lakes go the way of this one, we just got the crappy lake, or the one that went first. Kind of like a pyramid scheme, first people in got nice beautiful lakes for little money. Then they did not take care of them. Paid tiny dues, grew older, stopped using the lakes. The treatment rules changed (no more aquashade) so it is like if you live by putting stuff in that maybe you shouldn't at the rates I think were used, then when you stop, all the problems surfaced, no longer masked. The lake was good the 1st three years for me, then went to crap. Green bubbles that stick to my skin in the morning when I do the temp, level and clarity. But, things are going to get better, they already have. Without that fish survey we had to fight for, we wouldn't know about the g.shad, and we have spent a year learning everything about lakes. Meeting super great like minded people. Very worthwhile effort.
Thank goodness for this super site and all you good people.
Lynda
The fisheries haven't been managed. Some fish were stocked in 1988, and that was that. The gravel pits were here before the houses were built, so there must have been fish here then too.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.