I hate mice too James. Nothing worse than to hear something scurring in the dark around INSIDE your sleeping quarters.

OK, one thing is worse. A number of years ago, while on a fishing adventure to the East Cape in Mexico we were staying in one of those fishing lodges. Lodge is an optomistic description compared to the actual facilities. Basically the rooms were hollow stone brick walls a concrete floor and four old cots and a little alcove with a toilet. Still we were stoked to be there. So in the middle of the night one of the four guys in the room decides he needs to use the facilities. It's pitch dark in the room so he grabs his flashlight and heads toward the commode. Something on the wall catches his eye and he shines his flashlight on it. He then lets out a yell and wakes the rest of us up. He turns on the "cabin" light and there on the wall is a huge, very nasty looking spider. One of us gets up to smash it and it runs like crazy under one of the guys bunks. So we turn over the bunk and of course can't find it. Two guys were so freaked out they slept outside. Personally I didn't see the logic in that. I figured if that ugly spider made his way inside our place then lord knows what it prowling around outside. So I opted to stay inside. Of course every few minutes I was convinced something was crawling across me. I decided the second night that I was not going to have a sleepless repeat of the first night so I resorted to drastic measures. Tequila. Slept like a baby. Course I woke up feeling like a baby that had been hit with a 2X4 but still I figure a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)