Tom, the "catchability" issues for LMB (whichever strain) is something that you need to consider, however, I'm not sure you should worry about it too, too much for several reasons. Don't loose sleep over it.

If your pond is going to be 7 acres, you are in the upper 5% or so of what most forum members have as far as size of ponds. Plus you are going to have way more depth than most of us have, even though not all of the depth will be used by the majority of LMB.

My pond is 6-7 acres, and gets fished several times a week during the spring, summer, and fall.
We have no problems catching fish using artificials or live bait. Basically, I'm a 99% live bait person using shiners or fatheads, however, my brother is 99% fly fishing only. Other friends only fish artificials.

Except for throwing out a few handfuls of feed when I'm at the pond, there is no regular artificial feeding happening.

Also, I think that with 7 acres, you can have a very diverse fishery with numerous fish of different species.

I think you could have LMB, SMB, HSB, CC, BG, Yellow Perch, maybe some walleye, crappie, etc.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong on the catchability issue. I'm just saying that your body of water is bigger which gives you way more options.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."