Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Actually these fish have now finished two full growing seasons and have been on pellets continuously. They were the cream of the crop, then selected from there. We've also got some "un-finclipped" fish in this pond that have completed their third year of growth. I'll bet the 11 inchers are more likely to be those. Regardless, I know some of the fish that were raised in the tank range from 7 inches on up to over ten. If I were to catch one of the fish I could check the caudal fin and know for sure.

Possumeater, you are welcome to come by some time this winter to see the tanks. Right now there are some awesome bluegill in them. \:\)
Oh, ok...gotcha. Still pretty cool, and I'd love to see the ponds. I don't have a pond myself....doesn't look like it's gonna happen any time in the near future either. However, ever since I've come across this site, I've been absolutely fascinated by the idea of having and managing a pond. I've always loved to fish and have always been drawn to the scientific/analytical side of everything. This has proved to be an interesting intersection of the two.

Until I get a pond of my own, I'll continue to live vicariously through all you pondmeisters out there.