Hey all- I havn't posted a whole lot on here but I read the forum every day. Anyway, we bought a new place 2 months ago and although the pond 1/3rd acre was real healthy even when we bought it (had a fountain going all summer) I decieded to make things a bit quieter around the pond and installed 3 diffusers giving the pond more oxygen and making for a nice quite time down by the pond. I am running a medium sized 1/3hp sweetwater vane compressor and 3 air stones. The pond is aprox 275 feet long and 20 feet on either end and 10 feet in the middle.

My question is that since the installation of the system I have yet to see any fish in the pond. 2 week prior to the install we stocked 150 Pumkinseeds (3-6" long)75 bluegill same size as the PS, 50 6-8" YP and another 10 8-12" LMB. The pond had only a few LMB in it prior to the stocking and also native mud minow's. For those wondering I am located in Southern Ontario.

Anyway, just wondering if this is at all common to see nothing. I did find a few dead Pumpkinseed (3) but they look liked they were attacked by the |Blue Herron that has been near the pond since the stocking...I am trying to make him go away...SHHHH!!! Before the aeration though I would see the fish swimming in schools and would even catch them. The past 2 evenings now I have tried with a worm and bobber with not even a bite!

One thing I should also say is that the temps are really changing here now as it goes down to the mid 30's in the evenings and is in the 50-60's durring the day (this has happened since the install of the aeration also)

Thanks in advance...Ryan