I'm going out to the farm again tomorrow afternoon to check the tank. If the temperature of the water is still 54 degrees, then I don't think I'll need any auxiliary heating at all. That would be ideal. Luckily, yellow perch seem to grow pretty well at this temp. What other fish can you say this about? Bluegill maybe. By the same token, will the water stay really cool in the summer? One thought I had was to route the water outside for a couple of hundred feet through black garden hose to warm it. I'd like the summer temperatures to get up into the upper 60's or even low 70's. My ultimate goal would be to have 50 or so big healthy predator resistant yellow perch to stock in my pond every year. The rest I might even be able to just eat. Maybe for helping me I could ship some of you guys some tasty YP filets for Christmas next year! \:D

Yeah, the water mists a little bit when the sweeper stream hits the surface of the water. That mist hitting my quartz space heater would make me a teeny bit nervous.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.