Today, December 3, I visited the Po'boy RAS tank. The fish looked great. I broke up 16 nightcrawlers and enjoyed the battles that took place over every scrap. I tried hard to count and I thought I saw seven different perch that were way bigger than the others, and probably 40 more that were the next level down. There were very, very few fish now that looked malnourished. I filled another tank with water and took 62 YP's out to give to NEDOC. He provided me with some really good looking male bluegill earlier this year, and he is picking up my new feed, so I removed these fish for his use. I strongly suspect that these fish are practically all females now. All of the fish I removed were in good body condition, although they apparently weren't as dominant as some that remained.

I now have 228 yellow perch remaining in the tank. I emtied and cleaned the tank with a nice windshield squeegie from Wal-mart. You know, that kind with a sponge/abrasive net on one side and the flat, flexible rubber on the other. This made quick work of the cleanup job.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.