Thanks Bruce. It's been an incredibly winding road to get to where I am now, but I really enjoy what I'm doing and am able to draw off of many aspects of my educational and work experience to help others.

I actually taught a few classes on photosynthesis, and water chemistry as it pertains to live coral propagation. I owned a coral farm that I sold a few years ago, where I would study the effects of waste materials, light period, and water flow on growth rates of corals and algae. Granted that was a marine application, but the information still applies.

What many people have in their pond situations is very similar to exceptionally large aquariums that are exposed to the elements, where conditions are a little more fluid (no pun intended). It took quite a bit of reading the posts here to see that, but the situations parallel each other quite closely.

I look forward to learning more about the issues people are facing and helping any way that I can. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Vertex Water Features
http://www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

"Other people see things as they are and say why, I see things that never were and say why not"