Hey Randy, glad to hear about the "popcorn". \:\) I have two units and I've been feeding my fish 3-4 cups of larvae every day. I think it's made me very popular with the fish.

You probably have enough nutrients in your BioPod that you could stop adding scraps to it for several weeks and let the larvae reduce it's volume.

I'm working on some ideas for separating larvae from castings and I'll let you know how it goes. You could always keep the unit going until the females stop laying eggs for the year. The remaining larvae will develop and migrate out of the unit with no effort on your part.

I remember that last year I still had larvae in mid December. I was covering my bin on cold nights and I dumped the contents out before leaving town for 2 weeks. I can't recall if the adults were still active but I doubt it.

The residue it supposed to be a good soil amendment, but I don't have personal experience with it. If you know someone who raises redworms you might give it to them because it's a great worm medium.