EWEST,

I don't see any risk at all involved in stocking a small pond with GG's with the objective of the GG being the end in itself and not a means to an end.

About the worst thing that can happen is that they only grow as fast as a regular BG, but the price is the same regardless if its GG, CNBG, or RES.

Maybe one risk...that some of you will ridicle me or Gator if the experiment fails, but hey, I've had those slams before for trying something new and expect to get them again. I'm in this for fun, not to win a Nobel prize.

The important thing is to do what Deb says, view the GG as an end in itself not a means to an end. I think many people perhaps make a mistake in that regard....and are very disappointed as a result. Let's see what happens to trying this as an end itself, not a means to an end. Once we catch all or most of the original GG's, we start over again....assuming the experiment is successful, that is.

If it works, it will provide my family with a great small "perch jerking pond" to compliment other ponds which have other purposes, such as the growth of catchable LMB, HSB, and diverse fishing experiences. No, I don't see a big risk at all.