Originally Posted By: mortimer
since i got so many fish i been given em a gulp of beer, throwin em up on the bank and smashin em w/ a shovel, leavin em for the coons. they got little green streaks comin away from their mouths, kind a green and yellow all over, with yellow tipped fins.....i just call them green perch. anybody want to tell me if i'm doin right or wrong?

You Sir, and I use that term quite loosely here, are obviously not one of the more, how shall I put this, evolved members of this forum. Normally I would give a fledgling member some degree of latitude. I normally figure that the member doesn't know the ropes of this forum and perhaps doesn't yet appreciate the subtle undercurrents that are present in each and every forum thread.

So first an education is in order. It appears what you have in your obviously alcohol impaired hand is a young Green Sunfish. This fish is a marvelous addition to any pond can grow to very good proportions. It is a terrific fighting fish - probably one of the best of the sunfish.

Doubters on this site resort to mocking this magnificent species simply because they are incapable of growing this fish to it's full potential. People mock what they don't understand and/or can't achieve.

As I said normally I would have given you some latitude related to this but your comment...."given em a gulp of beer, throwin em up on the bank and smashin em w/ a shovel, leavin em for the coons".... leaves me with no choice. You have gone too far, way, way too far.

I am forced to immediately dispatch an "Intervention Team" to stop your barbaric practices and "re-educate" you as to the proper care of the almighty Green Sunfish.

You can run, You can hide, however you WILL be found.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)