BSF don't seem to be designed for long or sustained flight. Most of the research I've read refers to them as poor fliers so I think they would tend to stay close by.

The first female BSF to lay eggs in your BioPod will deposit several hundred eggs. Depending on which source you use, one BSF will lay from 500 - 900 eggs. For every 10 females attracted to your BioPod you may have as many as 9000 larvae and moralities are rare. If you allow even a modest percentage of those larvae to pupate near your unit it's a pretty safe bet that you'll have plenty of new adults to replenish the population.

For the record, I've released 10's of thousands of BSF on my property over the last 1.5 years and still they are not very noticeable, but they are here. I see a few by the garbage cans if I'm behind in taking them to the dumpster, and I see them occasionally in and around my BSF units. They emerge, they mate, the females lay their eggs, and then they die. During the adult phase of their life cycle the BSF are like the perfect guests on your property, quietly minding their own business and then disappearing. I wrote this because I believe people imagine swarms of flies buzzing around their house and disrupting their lives. Not even close.

I've been managing the construction of a garage for my girlfriend and there have been several subcontractors on the project. My main BSF unit is 30 feet from the site and no one has been pestered by a fly. The BSF don't benefit from direct contact with humans so it's rare to even see one.