Originally Posted By: ewest
This is exactly why this is not a general chat forum. It is about ponds , fish , wildlife , and land mgt. It is not intended as a place to discuss controversial general news topics.

I agree it is not political. That is not the only limiting criteria for threads. Here is my attempt at stating a guideline for non-pond related threads. Feel free to post your thoughts wrt this. It is based on my understanding of Bob's thoughts on this being a friendly , positive , family like forum.

If the topic of the thread is likely to anger or offend someone don't . If its about ponds etc then we can discuss the topic as long as the other forum rules are followed. If it is a funny thread then make sure everyone can tell it is in jest. Keep in mind that PB is a large , diverse and multi-faceted group that Bob calls a "Family". Treat each other like that. Just for your info I have received several pm and emails by forum members , none of whom posted on this thread, who were either offended by or thought this was not a topic that belonged here. \:\)

If I offended anyone by this topic I apologize. But I'm still confused how anyone could interpret my original thread as politics. I guess if I have to urge to post something like this in the "if it ain't about ponds" I'll have to post it on some other site.

Again sorry.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.