And I took a different view from this article. I really hate it when people confuse something, and then everything gets ALL mixed up. I read this article as the gorilla is the best of the subspecies:
http://www.strikeking.com/journal/journal022-1.shtml

Some quotes:

"The Gorilla Bass is what we call an F1 hybrid. This term is used for what occurs when you take two different subspecies and breed them. When we breed the really-aggressive northern bass with a pure Florida-strain bass that have been selectively bred, (the Tiger Bass) we get the Gorilla Bass, which has the Florida strain's genetics, which enables them to grow to very large sizes at a rapid rate and have the aggressiveness of the northern bass.

The resulting F1 fish the Gorilla Bass -- is extremely aggressive and extremely fast-growing. So, when Gorilla Bass reach 3 to 5 years old, they weigh anywhere from 6- to 10-pounds each. They'll continue to exhibit that aggressive feeding behavior, and anglers can catch them on artificial lures. "

This tells me the tiger is North and pure Florida (selective/ed ones) mixed = tiger, then tiger becomes gorilla????

I am lost somewhere, but how I took the article I would think you would want the gorilla, esp. from the last paragraph. quoted. I see it as tigers would not handle the warm to well since they are part northerns, but I probably just confused from this article.
So in plain english what makes a tiger and what makes a gorilla?