Just found this forum last nite I never knew it exsisted. I read through alot of post and I'm happy I found you guys.
I have a small pond about 65X150ft ranging from 2ft to 8 ft so I figure 1/3 acre 3-400,000 gallons?
We have some carp, bullfrogs(although the bullfrong number seems to have dwindled down this year) and turtles(which have just had hatchlings recently) in it, I have only owed it about 2 years, but I understand it's over 100 years old.
Since we have been here I have been using the biosperes for 1/2 acre ponds and some other stuff made by them to break up the debris on the bottom, I think I'm just spending money that isnt helping.
The clarity has never been more than a few inches or in early spring maybe 8-12 for only a week or so. From what I have been reading here I should expect alot more. I just took a sample of water in a jar which seems to be very greenish. I was going to try the gypsum as I have read about here but I was hoping for some opinions first.
Also I have been told it is fed from a underground stream but I cannot see any water movement other than my little water falls which is for esetics only.
Any advice would be appriecited.-MICHAEL from Long Island NY