Many of you know that we kicked around the idea of having a fish fry sometime during the meeting. Many of you agreed and the idea took on some strength.

Many of you kindly offered your participation and more thanks and details will follow.

But one member responded to the call without which no fish fry would have occured.

Young Man (aka Chris Steelman) responded to our call with a decisive affirmation of possibilities for success. I could feel Young Man's confidence as we corresponded via the forum and over the phone, in very few words (he's a Young Man of few words...). Young Man came fully prepared to execute the plan. He left nothing to chance. He supplied every single thing needed to cook fish outdoors as well as the fish itself.

Upon our intitial recon trip for locations to cook, Young Man and I discussed our options. Our first plan was to go to the back corner of the hotel or convention center parking lot/property and commence operations. If resistance occured, we would move 10' over the property line and continue operations. If challenged yet again, Young Man's grandparents lived less than a mile from our location and we would go there to complete operations. Then, the cooked fish would be brought into the show, without any unnecessary attention, for all to enjoy.

At go time, Young Man set up two propane cooking units (he had three units with him), and proceeded to start cooking. Later, Young Man's father joined us and started manning the second cooker. Both Young Man, and then his father, cooked up some fine bass and catfish for all of us to enjoy.

Outstanding Young Man! Again - Outstanding Young Man! Thank you so much for making this idea happen. You completely took charge of this project and delivered, big time.

As you have been formerly graced with the title, Young Man, you are now formally relieved from the same.

You are now officially bequeathed with the title Young Brother from Another Mother, shortened to 'Young Blood.'

If any of you enjoyed the fish that Young Blood and his father (Young Blood Senior I guess...no, his name is Randall Steelman), please extend a thank you so these fine gents get the credit they deserves for elevating the bar on our mutual experience and enjoyment.

Last edited by Sunil; 07/14/08 10:57 AM. Reason: It was too late when I was writing this.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."