Wow, I was refered to this site when on my fishing site. I will be sure to thank the guy that told me to check it out. The digging just started today and I am certin I will have many questions, even though many have been answered in the last 2 hours that I have been reading your posts.

I live in eastern Pa and decided to dig the pond to dry up an area of ground I wish to sell next year. I have a very small puddle now that I dug 7 years ago with my backhoe. It stays full most of the year and is full of frogs and goldfish.

The primary water sourse is runoff. I hope that is not a problem for my proposed fish stock. Untill today I haven't put alot of thought into vegitation or structure. That got more serious in the last 2 hours.

The finished hole will be 1 to 1 1/2 acre with a depth of about 10 feet. I am thinking about reserving about 500 sq' for shallow area.

I live about 1 mile from Middlecreek wildlife perserve so I am sure geese will be a problem to deal with.

Not much else to say except thanks for being here and thanks in advance for any advice I recieve.