Norm here are my observations and experiences about bluegill [BG] spawning in central Miss. BG spawning appears to be a process that begins around the full moon in March { after water temp gets around 60} and goes through Sept. I do not think they all spawn at the same time. For example I do not think they all spawn 5 times on the full moon March through July. Most seem to spawn on the 3 days around the full moon , but some spawn around the new moon. My guess is 80% on the full moon 20% on the new moon. Some seem to start later May vs. March . It seems to be a process that starts in March {with a few BG} and hits its highth in late May to early June { depending on the nearest full moon} stays strong through July and tapers off through Sept. I think based on my observations and info from others that most BG in this area spawn 5 times a year. We often { 50% of the time }have a late BG and LMB spawn in Sept. in our lakes but that is not the case in most lakes in this area. Our water temps average 6 degrees lower due to cold under water springs. In early Oct. the lakes will have YOY BG ranging from 1/4 inch to 3 inches with all sizes in between, based on observation and seine surveys. I checked this report against my notes over the last 8 years and with others in my area and they all yield the same results. I hope this helps and would be interested in others thoughts. We need to know as much as possible about our major forage species.