Quote:
Originally posted by LakeL:
ML

I saw one mid size talapia on it's side in the shallow last weekend(East Texas). The weekend before I was able to catch more than a dozen over a pound on powerbait pellets while throwing out feed. The water was cool enough that the bluegill weren't biting so the only problem was the HB. As an added bonus I've got a pair of Bald Eagles hanging out there.............a first for me. I'm loading up on Talapia next spring as my LB f-1s are like footballs..........
LakeL,

Identical thing happened to me last year. I caught about 30 Tilapia, and caught them one after the other until I ran out of bait. The key is getting them away from the BG, just like you did.

Amazingly, I also had a pair of Bald Eagles at my place last year feeding on dead/dieing Tilapia in a pond which didn't have any LMB predators. I wonder if it is the same pair of Eagles? I wrote about it last year as a side benefit of Tilapia. \:\)

I expect they come from Lake Livingston where they do have a winter colony of them. That is one of the neatest sights in nature. I'd really love to know if it is the same pair. One was much smaller than the other..sound right?

p.s. my F1's are also like footballs, with extended stomachs from eating so much Tilapia. Not a single pellet of artificial feed either.