I'm just amazed at the number of folks who swear that Tilapia will not do what I have seen them do....and in every case those same folks do not have nor have ever had Tilapia

I have seen them thrive on algae and chara. I have seen them clean up 50 plus year old nutrient rich ponds. I have seen them increase the bluegill population in all ponds and most of all have seen them increase the weight on LMB and HSB.

I attended half of the Bass 102 conference this weekend and visited with more disbelievers...some professional. Why are people so ready to use chemicals on their ponds and so skeptical of Tilapia. Seems like the thought process should be reversed. Copper can stay in your pond for a long time, Tilapia only one season. Other chemicals can stay in our bodies a long time....unlike Tilapia.

Yes, you have to stock every year to gain and sustain the benefits...but what is wrong with that? You are in complete control of the situation that way. Is it money? I think not, when folks are willing to spend hundreds and even thousands of $ on chemicals and other forage fish annually.

So why all the skeptics on Tilapia?