Okay, I've caught 75 - 100 BG, about 20 LMB, 1 RES, and 1 CC with this rig now. [NOTE: One (1) BG has been badly hooked, all the rest of the fish were lip hooked.] I have not caught any of my (surviving number unknown) HSB in this period; I think I would probably have caught a couple with the same amount of fishing if I had been suspending a worm under a bobber, based on last Fall's fishing results.

I want to reopen discussion on the concern george so astutely raised (Be a Stute; the world needs more Stutes). Question: Just how likely are HSB to take a small piece of worm on a small jighead, jerking along just off the bottom within 50 feet or less of the shore? With my limited knowledge of HSB, it seems they would be much more likely to be looking for fish out in the middle of the pond, in my limited experience, they DO take small worms, but only higher up in the water column.

So, george and Bruce and everyone else with HSB experience, how likely do you think it is that they will really hit small earthworms at the bottom?

P.S. A great big BG broke my 4 pound test line Friday night! I had landed a 3 lbs LMB a little earlier, and a 3lbs 15 oz LMB a week before, with the drag on the same setting. Of course, the line could have been nicked or what not, but that big BG really fought harder than either bass. SInce he got away, I feel compelled to mention that he was a least as big as the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket! ;\)

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]